Nomination For Student Member Scholarship
Each year, the National Officers of Alpha Psi Omega/Delta Psi Omega will select from nominated candidates, two recipients of Alpha Psi Omega/Delta Psi Omega Scholarships each in the amount of $3,000 to be used by the recipient to further her/his education and/or professional goals in theatre. Nominations must be made by faculty sponsors of APO/DPO chapters or by the chapter itself. Nominees should be informed of the nomination and the following materials should be submitted to the National Office no later then January 15th of each year. Winners will be announced at the annual national meeting of APO/DPO at the Southeastern Theatre Conference (winners will be informed as early as possible so that they may attend the meeting if they wish; otherwise, the scholarship will be sent directly to the recipient following the annual meeting. Student members of APO/DPO should be nominated for outstanding achievement in theatre work and academic performance (a minimum 3.0 GPA or its equivalent is required). Nominations must include:
- Name and address of faculty sponsor and/or Chapter making the nomination.
- Name and address of the nominee.
- Letter of recommendation from faculty sponsor. This should outline the reasons for the nomination.
- 1500 word essay by the nominee describing her/his future plans and goals.
- Resumé of the nominee’s theatrical activities and academic achievements, honors, etc.
- Current transcript of the nominee’s academic record.
The faculty sponsor should send all materials requested in items one through six to the National Office. All of the necessary materials must be sent and received for a nomination to be considered. The National Officers of APO/DPO reserve the right to give no scholarship or only one depending on the quality of nominations received. Only one nomination per chapter may be made each year and the nominated student must be enrolled at the nominating chapter’s institution at the time the nomination is submitted.
Please Return This Form or E-Mail Responses to:
Prof. Phoebe Hall
Performing and Fine Arts Department
Fayetteville State University
1200 Murchison Road
Fayetteville, NC 28301
Frankie Day Chapter Enhancement Grant
This grant is designed to assist chapters of Alpha Psi Omega and Delta Psi Omega in furthering their reach and involvement on their campus and in their communities. A chapter may apply for this grant in order to provide funding for service projects, production costs associated with APO/DPO sponsored events, or other such programs that have a direct impact on the general improvement of campus or community life, keeping with our mission to: “…to promote drama on the university/college level.”
Grants of up to $5000 can be awarded. Grants are awarded annually at the national meeting in March of each year. For full consideration, applications must be received by January 20th.
If the chapter’s grant proposal is accepted, the waiting period to apply for another is three academic school years.
A report will need to be sent to the national officers upon completion of the project. The report could include: pictures, designs, programs, or other materials associated with the project. If a report is not received, this will hinder the chapter’s next grant application.
The national officers will use the following criteria to judge the proposal:
- Does the grant proposal support Alpha Psi Omega/Delta Psi Omega’s mission?
- Is the application complete? Incomplete applications will not be considered.
- The chapter must be active and in good standing with the national office. An inactive chapter will not be considered for a grant.
- Does the amount requested fit the grant’s specifications?
- Will Alpha Psi Omega’s reputation be enhanced?